Day -Introduction, Recent Picture, & 15 Interesting Facts
Well, I don't think I really have readers that don't know me but just in case, I am Mary Beth. Grew up in Plano, Texas. Moved to Lubbock to go to Texas Tech and recently moved back from "the hub city" to the DFW area. Married my high school sweetheart four years ago and have a one year old little miss, aka Lorelei or L.
Here I am!
15 Facts:
1. I was once almost eaten by a bear. Ok, well not really eaten. But attacked? Greeted? We were staying in a woodsy cabin in Oregon and left the trash on the front porch, only to find that a gigantic black bear wanted part of the trash can contents in the middle of the night.
2. I love playing board games and card games. And I will win.
3. Being in or even near the container store makes my heart happy. I LOVE organizing.
4. I have a very hard time making decisions. This is probably why no one likes to shop with me. Well people, that's okay, I would rather shop alone anyways!
5. I am a busy body. I have to be doing something, have to be accomplishing things, and have a hard time relaxing. Which makes being married to my very type B personality husband a little interesting.
6. I am also a home body, which means I really don't particularly love to travel.
7. I am in LOVE with Diet Coke. I get a Sonic or McDonalds (a large for $1!!) everyday and drink it way too fast. Speaking of, I need a refill!
8. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was about 7 years old. I played school and even owned an overhead projector. I love teaching.
9. If I could change one thing about myself, it would be that I could sing.
10. I currently have about 40 magazines and catalogs that I need to read. They date back to February. And every time I look at them all piled up, I feel very overwhelmed!
11. I want about 4 kids. An entire clan. I want my days filled up completely with sloppy kisses, sticky fingers, baby giggles, a messy playroom, and lots of love. And at the end of the day I will tuck them in and thank God for blessing us with these babies.
12. I can't stand when people use the word "aint" oh it makes me skin crawl just typing it.
13. I love mimosas. I like mimosas at any time of day. The only time I would drink a mimosa in the morning is at a brunch or shower. Mostly I drink a mimosa at night. So light and refreshing!
14. I am an Alpha Chi Omega. I love pearls, lyres, carnations, and the colors scarlet red and olive green. I also love my Alpha Chi sisters.
15. I am a Christian. I love Jesus and seek to glorify him in all that I do.
Day 2: Story Behind Your Blog Name:
I guess my blog name is "Pockets Full of Sunshine." Or is it the web address? Well, if it is "Pockets Full of Sunshine" I chose that because a) I love that song by Natasha Beddingfield and b) I think the song is about loving who you are and being confident. The last verse of the song is "I smile up to the sky and know I'll be alright" and for me this verse sums it up...God is good...all the time.
Day 3: First Love
Rob
Day 4: Your Parents
My parents have been married 31 years. My dad is probably the hardest working person I know (along with Rob), and my mom stayed home with us girls and worked equally as hard. She was the world's busiest taxi driver, taking us here and there. She had breakfast fixed for us every morning, lunches packed, and a homemade dinner almost every night. And she never complained! My dad always made our friends laugh. He is still making everyone laugh. The best part of it all is that he knows he is funny so he laughs too!

Day 5: My siblings
I have two sisters, both younger. Natalie graduates with her Bachelors in Nursing in May and Melanie graduates high school in May! I have many memories of growing up with these two. What I know about Natalie is that she is full of life. There is never a dull moment with Natalie. Which makes for fun and interesting days! Melanie (or Mel Mel as we called her to annoy her) is sweet natured, laid back, but also very opinionated. Nat and I are very used to being told by Mel that what we are wearing is out of style!
















No comments:
Post a Comment