Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So Long Dr. B

I never post twice in one day, but this warrants a blog post. I decided to do a little cleaning and glanced at the bottle rack filled with the bottles and their gazillion parts (thanks Dr. Brown bottles) similar to this one but much messier:

just like I've looked at it a million times a day for the past 14 months. It sits next to the kitchen sink. It's big and takes up too much space on the kitchen counter and today is the day I realized it was time to put it away. Lorelei is down to a bedtime bottle only so I stuffed two bottles in a drawer and am putting the others away. Stored in the closet. Until next time...

Sad day. Silly? You might think so but for me, it is a reminder of the night we brought her home from the hospital. When Rob ran all over town until the stores closed trying to find bottles and a wedge for her to sleep on. It's a reminder to me of when I didn't know how much I was supposed to feed her and trying to learn how many ounces of water with how many ounces of formula. It's a reminder to me of all the middle of the night feedings.

Ok, enough already. Back to cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment