Thursday, October 28, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day 17-18

30 Day Challenge Day 17: What you are looking forward to
I am looking forward to....moving into our new house!
I am looking forward to....having more children!
I am looking forward to....being Baptized into the Baptist church!
I am looking forward to....new friendships with other church members!
I am looking forward to....taking Lorelei to Disneyworld!
I am looking forward to....cooler weather!
I am looking forward to....Me and Rob's 10 year anniversary of dating next year & 5 years of marriage!
I am looking forward to....the holidays minus the crazy shopping traffic!


Day 18: What you regret

I really don't think much about what I regret because I believe that God uses everything that happens in our lives to work together to lead us to where we are. Sometimes things happen to us, or we do things to ourselves, that we wish didn't happen...but God allowed those things to happen so that we could come out of that mess glorifying Him. But, if I HAD to choose one thing I regretted it would be this....

In college, I was just like I am today...type A personality, had a clean dorm room, on time (well you could argue "on time" now that I have a child..), etc. I was on the executive board for my sorority, involved in Campus Crusade for Christ, and hardly ever missed a class. Now hear me when I say this, I am NOT tooting my own horn, but this next detail is an important part of the story. I also made an A in every single class but one, which was American Sign Language. So making a 4.0 was an ongoing goal of mine every semester. BUT, I have this sweet friend & sorority sister named Adrienne. She was opposite of me. Nothing stressed her out or bothered her. Overslept and missed class? Eh, no big deal. Skipped a sorority event and got a fine? No worries. Stayed out really late before a test? Who cares! Not even her dorm room floor, piled high with clothes bothered her. I remember her telling me once that I needed to be more carefree because this was the only time that we didn't have responsibilities and things that we had to do or take care of. I wish I would have listened to her. Maybe not taken this advice for all of college, but I could have taken it for a little of the time. Because now that I have a husband, baby, house, and 2 dogs, and all the other adult stuff to take care of...I get what she was saying.



Happy Thursday, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment