Sunday am:
Get dressed for church. Rob slips on his cowboy boots as we are walking out. (Boots are kept in the garage because we don't wear shoes in the apartment.) On way to church, Rob is really crabby and tells me he has a stick in his shoe. (At which point I asked him if he was sure it was in his shoe..)
Church:
Rob: "I know this is inappropriate but I need to get the stick out."
(Pulls off boot and takes a tiny stick looking thing out)
Go to lunch. (Still complaining about something in his boot)
Go to outlet mall.
J-Crew:
Rob in dressing room. Me waiting with L in store. Rob comes out of dressing room and whispers to me.
Rob: "We need to leave immediately. There are crickets in my boots."
Me: "crickets!!??"
Rob: "Yes, plural. And I couldn't dump them out in the dressing room."
Me: trying to contain my laughter
Parking Lot:
Rob takes off one boot. Out plop 2 whole crickets. Takes off other boot, sock is discolored with, as Rob called it, "cricket juices."
Rob: "This boot did have them in it but I think they got left in the dressing room."
Time to get aggressive with the crickets. I have vowed to squish to pieces any cricket I see. No more scaredy-cat lady. Watch out crickets, we are on the hunt for you.
















No comments:
Post a Comment