Monday, May 31, 2010

Deals, Deals, Deals

In my previous post, I said that getting good deals and finding discounts makes me extremely happy. I don't know what it is, but I get all giddy and excited when I find discounts. Maybe that is why it usually is a very long process for me to purchase things. That's because I am thinking about how to get the best deal. Thinking, "How can I find a coupon code for this? Could I get it off ebay or craigslist?" So imagine my excitement, when I saved $131.14 on L's new carseat!!!!! We have been debating about when to get her next carseat and what kind we wanted. I really wanted the Britax Boulevard, but it was $309.99 And that is crazy. Even though it will last the next 4 + years, I couldn't bring myself (or Rob!) to spending that, when we could get a different brand for $150. But, Britax has amazing safety ratings, and I was in love with the comfy looking headwings of the Boulevard, and the non-rethreading system so you don't have to rethread the straps to adjust the height. So here is how I earned my deal:

Diapers.com price matches. So I set up an account there, found the Boulevard seat I wanted, and then went off searching for the same seat cheaper. Found it for the same price on another site, but this particular site had a discount code for 25% off! So, called Diapers.com and asked them for a price match. They adjusted my account so that the seat would be $232.49. Then, I found a code for diapers.com for an extra 15% off for first time customers (that's me!). So, that brought the price to $197.61. So, I spent $197.61. But the discounts don't end there my friends. I heard of this site called Bing Cash Back, (Am I the ONLY one just now learning about this marvelous site!? Where have I been?) which gives you a % cashback on the purchases that you make through their site. So prior to ordering my seat, I set up a Bing account and went through their site to get to the carseat. So now, I have $19.76 in Bing Cash Back that I will be issued. Making my $309.99 seat, a $177.85 steal!!!

I think I have officially topped my deal finding skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment