Dear Lorelei,
You are almost officially crawling! Where has the time gone? You are getting up on your hands and knees and rocking, ready to move! You can take about 2-3 movements and then you fall over. What is motivating you? Dog bowls. Dog food and the dogs' water bowls look so much fun to you. Whenever you see the bowls, you try harder to get to them. And actually, you did get into the dog food the other night. I was obviously not paying close enough attention to you, just chatting away on the phone, and heard a little rustling of the dog food. I looked over, you had dumped the bowl on its' side and had a piece in your mouth. My first thought was "ew she is eating dog food." Then I realized, "she can choke on dog food!!" So I threw the phone down, reached in your mouth and pulled out your snack. You were very unhappy with me.
You started a gymnastics class once a week. It is so much fun to see you smile and squeal the whole time. We sing songs, dance, swing, practice crawling, play in the ball pit, hang from the bars, bounce on the tramp, ride the zipline, and play with other babies.
At 7 months old (almost to the day), you started sleeping through the night. Your Daddy and I waited so long for this! You sleep around 12 hours every night. Some nights you wake up, but it is usually because you need to be changed, or don't feel well.
You still do not have any teeth, but that is okay. You eat a fruit in the morning and a veggie at night, sometimes having a fruit for lunch. I have found you to be very picky. You still love sweet potatoes, squash, and pears. You hate bananas, apricots, yogurt, and peas.
You took your very first boat ride. We went to the lake for the weekend. We put your life jacket on you and Granmommy held you, but the second we got seated in the boat, you fell asleep. Your Daddy drove the boat and Grandpa sat up front with him. Grandpa says he wants you to be a little lake girl. Aunt Mel will teach you to ski, we will float by the dock, and lay in the sun. You are going to love the lake, dear girl!
You just turned 8 months and last weekend was my first Mother's Day with you. Being your momma is the most precious gift. I could never have imagined how amazing it is to be your mommy. You are beautiful. I pray that you will also have a beautiful heart, love God with all of your being, be courageous, compassionate, strong, and kind. There are so many things that I wish for you, and I know that God will guide your Daddy and I to be the best parents we can be and teach you what we hope for you. I love you with all of my heart and always will.
Love,
Momma




















No comments:
Post a Comment