Well, I got out of LBK for a few days. We made a last minute trip to Frisco last week and it was FABULOUS! I was so glad we were able to get out of town and spend time with family. We also got a lot accomplished while we were there. We spent time looking around the Fort Worth area at Texas Wesleyan, since Rob is applying to CRNA school there. We found a few areas of town that we really liked. We are looking for a happy medium in distance between downtown FW (where school is) and Frisco (where family lives). I did a little shopping at the Allen Outlet Mall (could have stayed all day) and we traded my car in. Yes, Rob says it is my new "Dave Car." Although it is not at all a Dave car. He just calls it that since it put money in the bank. So goodbye to my very fun H3 and hello to my mom car. I got a 2004 Honda Pilot and so far, I LOVE it! It is very spacious and much more practical for getting a baby in and out of. Speaking of Dave...Rob went with his step-dad, Tom, to one of the Financial Peace University classes while we were in town. He really liked it. But did I really expect him not to enjoy something that has anything to do with Dave? While we were in Frisco, we also got to go on a date! Rob's mom watched L and we went to Cheesecake Factory. It was delicious and so much fun to have time together. Shalinda got to babysit Lorelei lots while we were in town and I think it was mutually enjoyable for both parties! Thank you Shalinda for taking such good care of little Lorelei and allowing Rob and I to get out!
I almost forgot to mention, L did so well on the trip. She was great in the car (mostly) and we stopped half way to feed her. While at Mimi and G-daddy's house, she was an angel! She is sleeping more at night and wasn't very fussy at all :)
Now for the news of the day, I am hoping to have the birth announcements out this week. I know she is already 6.5 weeks old, but I am just now finishing them up. The old mary beth would have had them out much sooner. Which reminds me, I usually have Christmas card lists and pictures ready by now, but this year...not so much.
So if you are reading and would like to be sure you get an announcement, send me your email address so I can include you on the baby announcement list. I promise they will be super cute!
6 years ago
















No comments:
Post a Comment