Monday, November 2, 2009

An Art Project

Okay, well it is not REALLY an art project...but my little friend and I made a Christmas ornament with her handprint impression on it. However, I really wasn't thinking when I decided to buy it because when I went to actually do the print, I realized that babies don't really spread their fingers out!! What was I thinking? A footprint would have been much easier, but I was determined to do a handprint. So, it took me numerous times of rolling out the molding and then attempting to spread her fingers out and smooch her hand down before I got an impression I was happy with. Then, I got so excited that it turned out, I took a picture of L and her first art project! It is currently in the drying stage and once it is dry I will add the ribbon.

As you might guess, she was exhausted after our big project. Hey, having mom smooch your hand down over and over until it was just perfect was hard work! So, right after we finished, Lorelei got into her burrito and took a nap in her swing. Here she is, clearly very ready to be left alone and go to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment