Friday, October 16, 2009

Get. Me. Out. Of. Here.

In the saying "Lubbock or leave it" I usually choose Lubbock. I do really love Lubbock. I love the small town feel. (ok, not everyone would agree but when you are from Dallas...Lubbock is SMALL TOWN!) I love that Nelda, the teller at the bank, asks Rob if I had the baby yet and how we are doing. I love that the pharmacist was very much in tune with my pregnancy woes and her sister was my OB's nurse! (Everyone knows or is related to everyone it seems.) I love that my primary care physician texted my OB's nurse to inform her of a small pregnancy problem I was having!! I love that I know where all the cute tea rooms and boutique shops are. I love that when you go somewhere you almost always see someone you know, or the weather man, or news anchor, or "that guy from the commercial!!' I love our little house. (It wasn't really that little until we had a baby. Then her stuff took over and now it is a very tiny house.) I love that everything in town is just a short drive away. I love that you can see the stars at night. I love that when a fire truck or ambulance has their siren on, just about everyone stops and pulls to the right side of the road. I love that people are so friendly, which is the reason I came to Tech in the first place.

HOWEVER

Today, more than ever, I choose LEAVE IT! I am done. Done with Lubbock. Done with living in the middle of no where. Done with living in isolation of all family. While LBK has been a wonderful home for us the past six years, I would like to move back to a place where we can make a short drive to visit family. A place where I can go shopping with sisters and moms and a place where we can get together for dinner on Sundays. A place where Rob and I can drive a few short hours to another city for a weekend getaway.

So, I ask for prayers. Patience is "an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay." I am currently very restless and annoyed. I am ready to move and annoyed that we are here in Lubbock with no family. However, I remember that patience is a fruit of the Spirit and I pray to draw patience from Christ, the vine, as I am a branch that is called to bear the sweet fruit of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment