Monday, August 31, 2009

An update for Natalie


My sister, Natalie, says I need to update. I guess she is right, but I just feel like I have been running around the house and work trying to make sure everything is in order. If you have been reading awhile, you know that back in like June I had plans to clean out/wipe down the drawers and shelves in the fridge. Well, I just now got to that this weekend!! I can't believe it has taken me so long to get it in gear!

Rob had a diaper shower up at work and we got tons of diapers!!! Yea! Now, I need to find a storage place for them! I have a clothes and hair bows shower tomorrow at my work and am so excited to get some cute outfits for Lorelei. I really have not bought many clothes at all, so this is really something we need!! We are so thankful to have such wonderful friends and co-workers.

Today I am 38 weeks. This is my picture from this morning and I hope it to be the last pregnant picture. I am very much ready for Lorelei to be here! I am also ready to start looking semi-decent again and have some clothes that fit. I know I won't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes, but I would atleast like to have some new cute clothes. I have been wearing the same maternity clothes for months and months now and they are all getting very snug!

In other news, I am desperately seeking out all technical friends! I have lots of Mac problems. Actually I have lots of technology problems in general. Technology is great but I can only learn so much and feel that I never have enough time to learn all that I need to. I actually probably do have the time, its more a problem with my attention span. I run from project to project. So my problems are:
-"Your startup disk is almost full" I have googled and googled this message that my Mac gives me and still don't really understand what it means and what I need to do about it. Empty the trash? Done.
-I worry daily about the safety of my pictures on iphoto. I could loose them at any minute!! Need an external hard-drive pronto but don't know what kind, how big, or how to work it!
-Battery life. My computer has the original battery and it is 4 years old. We keep it plugged in always but when I want to move to the couch and unplug, the laptop only lasts about 25-30 minutes. So I google "how do know when my macbook needs a new battery" and I find a few answers and go into the finder as it tells me too and find out that I don't have near 300 cycles as it says I should in order to warrant needing a new one. Whatever cycles means, I don't know. However, it does say in the finder health status "check battery"
-We need to buy a video camera. Probably the Flip HD one. However, I don't know how to save the videos that we take because I know my computer can't handle more files.
-Safari randomly freezes and then I have to "end program." It just stops responding.
SO, with all of these "issues" that I have, I thought it might be a good idea to meet with a Mac genious or call to chat with someone. Oh wait, we don't have a Mac store in LBK and calling them costs $50!! So these are my technical problems!!

Rob and I are so so excited to meet little Lorelei. Lately, we have been chatting about what she will be like. Rob is very concerned for labor. (Even though he has already made mental plans to work out the morning before I go in for induction. WHAT!?! The gym on induction day-I think not.) He says he feels bad that I have to endure it. I think he is being practical and I am choosing to ignore it. I really don't think you can mentally prepare for something that you have never been though, and something as important as birthing your child, so I am probably very much under-estimating the pain. Oh well. I will find out soon enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment