Katie's 30 Day Challenge, Day 20: Nicknames
Well, I can't talk much about my name without first going on a little rant. If you know me well, you have probably heard this rant. But here is goes...
My name is Mary Elizabeth, but all of my life, I have been called Mary Beth. No, My name is not Mary Beth Elizabeth. Notice beth is short for ElizaBETH! When I introduce myself as Mary Beth, please do not reply "hi, Mary." I did not just add in the Beth part for fun. It is actually part of my name. And when I sign an email "Mary Beth," Please reply by including the beth. I don't shorten your name, you don't shorten mine. And if you call me Mary Ann, Mary Jane, or whatever other name you decide you add on, I will not answer.
Rant over. On to nicknames.
Most common is MB. However, I do not like when people I hardly know call me MB. MB is reserved for family and close friends.
Other nicknames: Mar, sis, Mrs. Patterson (Another note: I will not answer to teacher and I tell them that no one is named teacher!), Beef, wife, momma.
Day 21: Picture of Yourself
Wedding, Pregnancy, & now!


Day 22: Favorite City
Well I am going to be a bit boring on this one. I don't really have a favorite city because I haven't done much traveling. But I will say that my favorite state is of course, the great state of

TEXAS
















I am a huge fan of double names, and more than likely my future children will possibly have one, especially if it is a girl! Love the 3 pictures, that is the perfect twist for Day 21.
ReplyDeleteI might also be biased but I think Texas is the best too!