






The week before Thanksgiving we went to visit my family in Chicago. I wouldn't call it home...just their current place of residence! Home will always be Plano :( It was L's first plane trip. I never imagined how stressful it would be. 2 adults, 1 baby, 1 gigantic car seat, one duffel for baby items, one huge rolling bag, 2 small rolling bags, one purse, one diaper bag, and one carry on. WHOA! Next time I think I will pack lighter. Not that I packed heavy...but when you have a baby, you do not have time or energy to care as much about your own appearance. So maybe I could leave a few pairs of shoes behind next time :) We had a great time visiting! We did lots of shopping, hung out with the fam, toured downtown with our personal tour guide (my sister), and Rob and I went to Cirque Du Soilel, Banana Shpeel...which was fabulous! We also went downtown and up into one of my dad's company office buildings that overlooks Michigan Avenue for the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival. They had a parade down Michigan Ave. and as they went down the street, the Christmas lights came on. Then the ending was one of the best fireworks shows I have seen, right in front of the office building! Rob came home early to go back to work and L and I stayed over Thanksgiving. I flew back with her by myself..which was good, except I was nervous most of the time! But we made it through the flights and I even have plans for L and I to go visit my grandparents in Georgia in January--all by ourselves!
















No comments:
Post a Comment