I tend to over complicate MY life. I love details and can get caught up in them. However, I do know how to find simple solutions and I can see when complicated things are not working, you must go back to the basics. Start fresh. Make things easy on people so that they can be challenged in ways they need to be, not in ways that just waste time. (And I don't over complicate other people's lives...just my own :) )
Ok, enough with my rant. There is a hidden message in all that...but I dare not state what that rant is really about...
But truthfully, I have been thinking a lot lately about the simple life. When I see girls out around town with their sorority shirts on, I remember those days...those easy days. Now at the time, I didn't think that keeping a 4.0 and being involved in sorority life was simple. At the time, it was stressful. So much fun, but challenging. So when I see those girls today, I miss those days. And when Rob and I drove by the apartment complex where we lived when we were first married, we said that we missed those simple days. Rob was in nursing school and not working, I was working, we had a little apartment, and two dogs. That was it!! The end! No house to keep up with, no "real" jobs, and no little person! But then I think about all that Rob and I aspire for. He will be a CRNA and I will be a stay at home mom keeping up with lots of little people! Life will be more complicated. So I realize, THESE are the simple days. One little house, two jobs, two dogs, & one precious little baby. Easy cheesy!! (No, not easy at all...being a mom is the most difficult, but also the most wonderful, job in the world.) Now, when we see college kids out, or our old apartment, or even think back to what life was like a few months ago before Lorelei, we won't miss those days because we are so blessed to have all that we have, and one day, we will think back and realize RIGHT NOW is the simple life!
6 years ago
















No comments:
Post a Comment