Dear Lorelei,
Yesterday you were 7 months old! You have made your first move and we have safely arrived in Prosper, Texas. It was sad to leave our house in Lubbock. It holds lots of memories of you when you were brand new. We will always remember bringing you home to our little house on Hope. But now, we are in DFW and close your Mimi and G-Daddy and Aunt Brooke. And your Grandpa and Nana (or as I think she should be called "Granmommy") and Bug and Aunt Mel come to Dallas all the time! Your new room is GREEN!!! I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about not painting it pink again, but the green looks oh so cute! And you have more room in there to play because it is bigger than your old room.
In the past month you have been rolling all over the place. It is like one day you realized you could roll without so much effort, so off you went. You are also sitting up by yourself!! (Most days.) I think this has helped your reflux because now that you are upright more often, you spit up much less.
You went to your 6 month old checkup with Dr. G (the Frisco Dr. G, not your Dr. G in Lubbock), and got your shots. You were 17.3 lbs. and 27 inches long. That is the 90% for length!! You just now started to wear size 6-9 month clothes and you still wear a few 3-6 month things. Dr. G said you could start apple juice and a cup. We tried this but you didn't go for the cup. That's ok, I'm not ready for you to be big with a cup anyhow. However, you love the juice! Dr. G also said that you waking up every 1-2 hours at night is completely behavioral. You hear that missy? You have some behavior adjusting to do! For the past few weeks (or months if I am being honest) you sleep terribly at night. But, with fingers and toes crossed, I will admit that for the past 2 nights you have slept THROUGH THE NIGHT!! We still swaddle you. Even though you break out of it, you have to be swaddled to get you to settle down enough to fall asleep.
You had your first play date and trip to the park. We met little Kade and his momma Natalie at the park and you played on the swings and with toys under a tree. You had fun! Then a few days later we went to the park with Ms. Leslie and you went down the slide with me!!
You have been quite the shopper lately. You have become very accustomed to your stroller because we have been out shopping and playing around DFW! Oh how I love your Pliko P3 stroller. Every time you get in it I think of how much I adore pushing it :)
You still love your baby food and have a fruit every morning and a veggie every night. I think squash and sweet potatoes are still your favorite. You don't like peas much, and you hate bananas. When I give you bananas, you blow raspberries at me and shiver after every bite!!
We celebrated your first Easter. You Daddy was still in Lubbock and you and I were at Mimi and G-daddy's house. We went to church and then took pictures of you in front of the tulips outside. You got your first Easter basket and it had bubbles, a swim suit, and a big stuffed duck inside of it!
Putting you to bed tonight I was reminded of this quote we put on your birth announcement. It sums up exactly the way we feel about you:
"First we had each other. Then we had you. Now we have everything."
Love you, Missy Prissy!
Momma & Daddy


























No comments:
Post a Comment