Lorelei spent most of Christmas morning sleeping! As to be expected, but still a bit disappointing. She got tons of great gifts including the Sophie the Giraffe teether, a bracelet and silver spoon with her name on it from her great Nana and Poppa, books, a playmat, jumperoo, clothes, toys, blankets, a hairbow, Signing Time DVDS (we are about to start baby American Sign Language), finger puppets, and Follow Me Fiona. Follow Me Fiona cracks me up. It is this very cute pink dog that barks and walks and when your baby starts crawling, the idea is that they follow Fiona on the ground. When we got back to LBK and were unpacking her things, Rob and I no longer had to wonder where little missy was spoiled...it was clear that yes, she is and yes, I am fine with it :)
The day after Christmas we went to church and dinner with my family, who flew in from Chicago. It was Lorelei's first trip to the country club, which was neat because we had our wedding reception there and we saw the wedding reception planner! Lorelei was also Baptized over the weekend! She wore the same beautiful dress that I wore, my sisters wore, and my cousins wore. It has our names embroidered on the slip, so now we need Lorelei's name on the dress! Lorelei was baptized at All Saints, which is where Rob and I were married. After the Baptism, L and I went to the lake with my family to spend some time relaxing. I have never heard her laugh so much as when she laughs at her Grandpa! I got it videoed on our new Flip video camera so hopefully I can figure out how to post the video to the blog.
Back in LBK and finally unpacked. Now I am starting to freak out about getting the house more organized and de-cluttered before getting it on the market. Baby items have consumed our house and I have no idea how I will hide them when people come to view our house!
Rob has interview this week for CRNA school. We are ready to get the interview done with! While he is a little nervous, we know that God has a plan and whatever that may be, we will soon find out! If Rob does not get into school, it will give us another year of working and getting settled in the DFW area, which would be awesome. If he does get into school, it will be his dream come true and we will be living off a teacher salary next year :)





























No comments:
Post a Comment