Friday, January 1, 2010

2009-The Year of Lorelei

To celebrate New Years Eve (which we never really care about anyways!) Rob and I watched a show on VH1 called "2009-That really happened?!" Anything that happened in August/September or later I pretty much had no clue about because I had just had Lorelei, and was a little too busy for celebrity world & news. So, according to VH1 some of the top 2009 stories were:

-2009 is apparently the year of Lady Gaga. I couldn't really tell you why, but I think she is piece of work! What an interesting human. Even if she wears a solar system-like helmet, dresses head to toe in 3-d Kermit the frogs, or in bubble wrap...her songs are pretty catchy.
-Captain Sully landed a plane of 200 something people in the Hudson River and everyone lives. Sully becomes an American Hero.
-The Octomom. That's right...8 babies at once when she already had 6 at home. Unemployed? Check. Single? Check. On welfare? Check. Enough said about her.
-Jon & Kate Plus 8 tv show ends. Jon & Kate drama allll year long.
-Obama's first year in office. In order to prevent my blog from taking a drastic turn for the worse, I will resist commenting.
-Michael Jackson dies. Another very interesting "human." (Human being the debatable word here.) I thought people would never get over this one.

Notice that only one of these things is positive? Captain Sully safely landing the plane is the only positive thing I can recall out of the whole episode last night. The rest of the show was filled with biggest celeb breakups, who has gained/lost the most weight in Hollywood, and more stories that I don't care about. People seem to have a way of consuming themselves with all of this celebrity junk and negative stories. Really, none of this is important. I am not saying the show last night wasn't a little entertaining to look back at the year and see everything I missed, but some people need to spend more time on more important, positive, and less worldly things.

The most of important thing of OUR year was our precious angel Lorelei! From finding out we were expecting a baby, to the day we learned it was a girl, to the first doctor's appointment, first baby movement, to her birthday...all of it was amazing and very important. I call 2009 the year of Lorelei. We spent all year preparing for her and she is finally here!! So here's to our precious gift from God, Lorelei Hope.

1 comment:

  1. Lady Gaga is one of my most favorite entertainers. She is so crazy and over the top, but amazing, right?!?!

    ReplyDelete