Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer=not nearly as productive as I planned :)










I put off baby things until summer, since I have a whole two months with no work. I thought I would get tons done around the house and have things ready for Lorelei. I thought wrong. It is almost the end of June and I am no where near ready!! WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING!??

Well, we started the summer by visiting Austin for a FamilyLife weekend away. It is a retreat for married couples, and it was such a good get away for us. Leaving LBK is always nice, but staying in a very nice hotel and spending all weekend together was refreshing! Two weeks later we went to Chicago for five days to visit family! While we did not go into the city (except for the Cubs game), we had a great time staying at Mom and Dads in Lake Forest. Pictures from the visit are above :) Now, we are home in LBK and I am trying to accomplish some things. I have come to realize that something I thought was a small weakness of mine, IS A BIG PROBLEM!! I am completely indecisive. I have always known this of myself, but I think it has gone too far! I spent several months obsessing over baby furniture until I finally decided on everything and as of today, it is all ordered and we are waiting for it to arrive! However, the same day I finalized furniture ordering, I began a new obsession. Strollers. So now, I have spent many hours over the past few days researching strollers and still have not decided. I never would have guessed that when deciding on a stroller, you have to take into account parent cupholders, adjustable handle height, weight of stroller, ease of folding, child snacktray, storage baskets, reclining seats, wheels, shock absorbers (?!), and to top it all off, there are yearly makes and models of strollers. It is like shopping for a car! With all my indecisiveness and endless research, it is a good thing Rob went with me to pick the paint color for the nursery. He let me compare colors for all of 5 minutes and then picked the color himself. And it turned out perfect!

We had the 28 week doctors appointment yesterday. I got my RhoGAM shot since I am an O- blood type, and that was about all! Nothing new. Just some measurements, the dreaded step on the scale, and the doctor's ever predictable question of "So, what questions do you have?" We go to the doctor every 2 weeks now, so I will go 2 weeks from today to my regular doctor, as well as to the ultrasound doctor for the 30 week sonogram!

I have big plans for the afternoon. Getting the house in order. By in order, I mean laundry..unloading the dishwasher..going through paperwork and bills, and possibly cleaning out the fridge :)

P.S. Be sure and check out Lorelei's cradle. Tom (Rob's stepdad) is building it by hand and it is beautiful! He has built several cradles before, among other things, and is a fabulous woodworker. The cradle blog is very fun to watch! Check back for updates.
http://web.me.com/tomoliver4/Cradle/Blog/Blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment