Sunday, March 13, 2011

Well Hello!

Wahoo! I am back!! I cannot believe it has been so long since I blogged. I sorta have a love/hate relationship with blogs. I love them because I get to see how friends are doing, look at cute pictures, and get great ideas for different things. But, I also hate them. I was talking to my sweet friend Gentry about this the other day and told her that blogs just are not good for me. I often read a great blog and think to myself, "well why can't I sew, or make that for my kids, or plan my meals a month at a time, etc." If you read any mommy blogs, you know what I am talking about. All the ones that make you feel like you could be doing so much better. Recently, with going back to work, the first grade blogs are the very worst for me. They have a cutest ideas ever. And I have used several of them so far in my classroom. But I swear I don't know how these teachers do it, unless they a. have been teaching first grade for decades or b. don't have any other life besides first grade. Because their classrooms are adorable, and their ideas are fabulous.

Since I last posted, I did go back to teaching. I was not planning to work, or even looking for a job. Rob and I had talked about me working part time next school year somewhere that L could come with me. So I emailed a preschool regarding next year and got a response from the principal saying she needed a first grade teacher right then. The preschool and elementary school are in the same building. So, the week we were scheduled to close on our house and move, I started teaching! CRAZY!! I can tell you it was never a plan I would have dreamed up, and never something I would have done without knowing that it was exactly where God was calling me to be. I love my job, the school, and my sweet first graders. Being away from Lorelei, and getting used to not being a stay at home momma is a little more challenging.

We are settled into our new house with lots of decorating and organizing to do. Having space for Lorelei to play (a whole play room-wahoo!!) and space for the dogs is wonderful. The dogs are not nearly as much on my nerves now.

Hoping to be back to blogging a little more often...especially since I need to do an 18 month update on Lorelei!
For now, here a a few pics..



1 comment:

  1. I think I have talked about that exact idea of loving and hating blogs, because you feel like you should/could do so much more. Glad you all are well even though you are busy!

    Many prayers and God bless!

    ReplyDelete