Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dear Little Baby

Dear Lorelei,
As your daddy said, you are almost half a year old! 5 months!! I can't believe it has been 5 months since we first held you in our arms. Let me just tell you missy prissy, how much fun you are. You just become more and more fun and we love you more and more every day. Let's recap over the last month...
-You went to your "4 month" doctor's checkup. However, you were really much closer to 5 months. At this visit you weighed 15.8 lbs. and were 26.3 inches long. Whoa long girl! That is the 97% percentile for height! At this visit, we also talked to your doctor (Dr. Amanda Geutersloh) about any pediatrician recommendations that she had for us in DFW. Guess what? Her brother in law (Dr. Chad Geutersloh) is a pediatrician in Frisco!! So, finding a new pediatrician in Dallas? CHECK! I hope you like Frisco's Dr. G as much as you love your Dr. G here. I'm telling you, you really love her. I think she is super woman to have four small children and be a doctor. I can tell you like her because you just stare peacefully at her when she talks, never taking your eyes off her. She told me all about starting to feed you rice cereal and solids. I can't wait to cook up some baby food for you!!
-You wear size 3-6 months clothes and size 2 diapers. You wore jeans for the first time this past month and you were so cute in them! You looked like such a big girl.
-You LOVE to laugh and smile. We are so blessed that you are such a happy little girl. Your laugh makes us laugh too! You think your Daddy is especially funny and you love to spend time with him.
-You started teething. YIKES! This has not been my favorite thing. You drool all the time (which, by the way, makes outfits much less cute because they always have to be covered with a bib!). You also chew on everything, can be fussy, and get rashes on your tummy from teething. We give you teething tablets, orajel, and baby tylenol to help you. Plus, Sophie the giraffe is a favorite teether.
-In this past month we took another plane trip! Just you and me went to Atlanta, Georgia to see your Nana, Aunt Natalie (Bug), and to meet your great Nana and Poppa. On the plane ride there, you were extremely fussy. I was exhausted once we landed! However, the way home you slept the whole time! I was so happy that you got to meet & spend time with your Great Nana and Poppa. They loved talking to you, holding you, and watching you smile and giggle.
-You go to school two days a week and your teachers always tell me what a happy baby you are. I am right next door while you are in school so it is the most perfect arrangement. I see you ride by in the big kid stroller with your friends and you are as happy as can be. When I realize how much I am missing you, I can pop my head in next door and say hi to you!
-You got a jumperoo!!!! You love jumping around and making the lights and music go off.
-You had rice cereal (with a spoon) for the first time. It was so much fun to feed you. We took lots of pictures, and a video. The second night of rice cereal, your Daddy was gone and it was just me feeding you. You tried to grab the spoon, got more cereal in your neck rolls than in your mouth, and tried to catapult yourself out of your sassy seat!
-We put our house up for sale. This is a challenging task with a baby, two rowdy dogs, and a sleepy husband.

Even though you are so little, your stuff really takes over this house! I made a list of the top 10 baby things that we have loved having these past 5 months:
1. Miracle Blanket (Fabulous. Only you outgrew this lifesaver way. too. soon.)
2. Peg Perego Pliko P3 Stroller. Also fabulous and super cute!
3. Wubba Nub (Before having you I thought this stuffed animal sewn onto a paci was the dumbest thing ever. After having you, I finally understand...there is a purpose!)
4. Dr. Brown bottles.
5. Jewel Lullaby C.D. (Beautiful!)
6. Tiny Love Play Mat
7. Baby Praise DVD (When I let you watch tv, this is what you get to watch!)
8. Signing Time DVD (We do watch this too so we can learn to chat!!)
9. Fisher Price Cradle Swing
10. Boudreaux's Butt Paste (works miracles)
11. Ok, I know I said 10 but your beautiful hand crafted cradle (made by G-daddy) is a beautiful treasure that you loved! (And I love to look at)

Honey Bunny, we love you so much and are so excited about all of the upcoming milestones! You make life SO.MUCH.FUN!

XOXO,
Momma & Daddy













2 comments:

  1. She is just adorable! Are you ready for another one yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! One is plenty for the next few years :) But how about YOU!?

    ReplyDelete